Photo by Leah Perrino.
Inspired by the fallen leaves this season, my roommate came up with an awesome addition to our apartment. It adds a festive fall touch, but it looks good all year round. This is super easy and fun to make – perfect for a craft night with the roomies!
What you’ll need:
- A large vase
- Many real or fake sticks/twigs
- Scrapbook paper in different prints
- Floral wire
- Hot glue gun
1. Cut leaves from scrapbook paper. Make sure every two leaves are a pair and are the same size, so they match up when glued together.
2. Cut pieces of floral wire. Make sure the wire is longer than your leaves.
3. Take a pair of leaves, and with hot glue, glue the wire to the blank side of one of the leaves. Make sure extra wire is sticking out of the bottom of the leaf.
4. Glue the matching leaf on the previous leaf, so the floral wire is glued in between them and the printed sides are facing out.
5. Wrap the extra wire around a stick securely.
6. Repeat steps 1-5, making as many leaves as you want.
7. Trim twigs if needed and place in vase.
Do you love leaves and fall colors? How do you decorate your home or apartment? Let the Burr know below!blog comments powered by Disqus